Our entire community has been through a lot of challenges due to COVID-19 over the last few months. Although the world we live in may seem a little more uncertain, we want to assure you that our care for your safety and that of our team has not wavered. We have enhanced our already thorough infection control measures by going above and beyond the recommendations of the ADA, CDC, and OSHA and made several improvements in our office that we wanted to share with you.
Please review our updated safety measures and protocols to prepare for your next visit to our office:
- Appointments will be rescheduled if during the past 14 days, you have had any symptoms, tested positive for COVID-19, been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or traveled to a city or state that requires quarantining upon returning to NJ
- All registration forms, annual updates, consent forms, and COVID-19 screening forms will be emailed for you to complete prior to your visit to limit contact with our in-office iPads
- To maintain social distancing, please call us and wait in your car until instructed to enter the office.
- Anyone entering the practice must complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire within 48 hours prior to arrival and will have their temperature and oxygen saturation checked
- All team members are also screened daily and anyone displaying symptoms will not be allowed back to the practice until they are well
- Only patients (and one guardian) receiving treatment can enter the office and a face covering must be worn once entering
- You will be instructed to disinfect/wash your hands upon entering and given a hydrogen peroxide pre-procedural rinse
- We have always gone above and beyond the CDC and OSHA recommendations for infection control and disinfection and use only EPA registered, hospital grade disinfectants and will continue to do so
- We have installed sneeze guards, touchless soap dispensers, medical grade HEPA air purifiers, intraoral and extraoral aerosol reducing vacuums, and UV-C germicidal lights to minimize, reduce aerosols, eliminate contamination and enhance disinfection
- Our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will include N95 masks, isolation gowns, scrub caps, and face shields.
- You will see 2 new codes by the American Dental Association on your insurance claims forms for Enhanced PPE and Pre-procedural Rinse. As a courtesy to you during these difficult times, we will not charge you a patient copayment for those codes.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients so you may be offered fewer scheduling options, but we are expanding our hours of operation to accommodate all our patients.
- We ask that you inform us immediately if you develop any symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of your dental appointment
All these changes may be overwhelming, but we are confident that they will not take away from your experience at our practice. We hope you will continue to be patient with us as we get used to a different routine and way of practice. As always, we are so grateful that you continue to place your trust in our care, and we look forward to welcoming you all back with smiles (behind our masks).
With much love,
Your Smile Today Team